Sunday, November 27, 2005

Why Apple Sucks

To find out how it all happened, please read the following at the Apple Official Quicktime Forum:
Thread 1 (by me)
Thread 2

Here's why me and others are angry, why I created this blog, and why you should support and spread it:
I buy QT Pro 6.5 in March ('05) and a little later Apple releases QT 7, an upgrade to a FREE player that everyone technically has a right to, even those with previous Pro licences. Yet those (like me) with a purchased license of any earlier version cannot upgrade their player without making their purchased licence useless. Now we can't watch any of the new material (such as trailers...this video requires QT7!!!)... something we would have if we decided not to pay up for a so called "pro" version. I call that bad business. I shouldn't have to be forced to pay for what others get FREE.

What should be if Apple wasn't so greedy (haven't they made enough with the iPod to last them through retirement?) is that I upgrade my FREE player andstill use the features I paid for I repeat... I shouldn't have to be forced to pay for what others get FREE. Am I the only one that sees it that way?

Is this how Apple hopes to make satisfied customers? And they expect me to dump Windows and get an Mac... ya right.


Summary: I want to keep my 6.5 Key AND get my QT7 player. I should not be forced to give up my Pro Key to watch new content on the web. Too much to ask?



Do you feel the same? Tag your blog posts with applecomplaint and let Apple see how many customers are turning sour.


Here are the options I have for Apple: Either provide free upgrades for all your Pro customers, or draw a line between the Free and PRO, allowing users to retain their PRO keys when upgrading to new versions.



Technorati Tags: ,
--- If you've read this far, consider submitting it to: submit Why Apple Sucks to digg.com Digg | submit Why Apple Sucks to slashdot.com Slashdot

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ok so what their service for quicktime sucks, but that dosent mean you have hate the whole company.
Apple is probably the best company out there.
I am a true Apple supporter and they are simply the best. They have the most advanced technology out there and you complaining about quicktime???? Oh get iPod touch or something, something to keep you quiet.

Yours truly,
Greg
Mac lover
http://cheeseinlife.blogspot.com/

12:57 PM  
Blogger Klim said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Klim said...

thanks for the comment greg, but take it easy bud, no offense was intended. I would however take issue with you that just because they may have some great products, their mistakes/bad practices should be overlooked... that is a little too much blind trust there.

take care.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home